The blog of Eric Sibly; focusing on mountain biking, .NET development for the Desktop, Smartphone and PocketPC.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What is LINQ...

LINQ is a codename for "a set of extensions to the .NET Framework that encompass language-integrated query, set, and transform operations". But what does that mean? This document as authored by Don Box and Anders Hejlsberg describes in relative detail what is LINQ. Basically, with C# 3.0, developers will be able to write rich queries for accessing .NET Types, Database (DLinq) and XML (XLinq) using a consistent C# shorthand – this stuff looks really interesting. When will we see it for real (released); that is the unknown?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I have added it to my list,
and will check back often.

Best Wishes,
Ken
Get Gas Cheap

9:21 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and
so far yours is in the Top 3
of my list of favorites. I'm
going to dive in and try my
hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different
area than yours (mine is
about seo toolbar tools)
I know, it sounds strange, but it's
like anything, once you learn more
about it, it's pretty cool.

If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate being able to come back and get a few tips and suggestions from you, if that's alright, alright?

Thanks,
Tiffany Burrell
Keyword Queen!
ps. I confess, that's not my real picture! :-)

9:22 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice Blog.

I have a Site / Blog about file sharing.

Find out all about file sharing.

Pop by if you have time.

9:23 am

 
Blogger The Critic said...

I was just searching for a product, service or web page to review for my site SEO Traffic Rank, I'm constantly trying to find related info for blaster professionals.blogspot.com seo state traffic united. Any way I liked your page!

7:44 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

This is good information about LINQ. Further you can download free ebooks on LINQ, LINQ ebook, C# with LINQ, VB.NET with LINQ

4:28 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home