The blog of Eric Sibly; focusing on mountain biking, .NET development for the Desktop, Smartphone and PocketPC.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

He shoots, he scores...

Caleb, my youngest (age 5), scored his very first goal at soccer today - yay! I was so proud :-) Man, I just love watching under 6 soccer - it rocks! If I were to write this up for a local newspaper I think I would go something like this:

"Bardon Latrobe White defeated Bardon Latrobe Blue in an intensely fought battle that ended with a 1-0 result this morning. Caleb Sibly scored the only goal at the 10 minute mark after he tackled an opposition player near the halfway line, sprinting away from the opposing defenders, up the field showing great pace and flair. His shot from just outside of the 'D' scorched past the goal keeper, deflecting off the left hand post into the goal. Members of the press were likening his efforts to a young David Beckham."

So that is 3 wins, 1 draw and a loss so far this season; GO TEAM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home